Monday, March 11, 2013

Dublin

The group destination of the weekend was Dublin!  It was a whirlwind of beauty, activity, tourist, locals, music, rugby, and rain: I loved every moment of it!  The mix of history and modern life in this city captivated me.  The tours and informational stops were great, I enjoyed seeing the Leinster House and other historical sites. I must admit, however, that my favorite time was the time spent simply walking the streets and watching the happenings around me: The people and culture fasinated me! Flower stands and pastry shops to designer stores and spar markets...there was everything! I met people from France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Belgium, and Denmark!  It was all so new and exciting that I don't think I slept, I just wanted to keep going.  The hussle and bussle of the city streets were addictive and electrifying and, as a fashion major, full of style inspiration. I did drag myself off the streets and out of the beautiful shops to view the William B. Yeats display, which was very interesting. It was great to view some of this author's belongings and just get a sense of the man we have been reading all about and disecting his poetry.  Overall, the Dublin experience is one I will never forget...and I hope to return too! The city is wonderful, but we all came to appreciate "our little village": sleep deprived and starved, we couldn't wait for Dungarvan and its coziness.  On to the next adventure!



No comments:

Post a Comment