Thursday, March 21, 2013

Poetry and a Fire

Wool socks, tea, blanket, and a fire: this is how I will be spending the rest of my day. It is FREEZING outside. Wind, rain, and hail complete the package of a not-so-delightful day.  Regretfully, I have "turned to the books" and began some much needed class readings.  As much as I hate to admit it, however, I'm actually enjoying this "me-time" and the required poems of Seamus Heaney!  Heaney is a welcome change to Yeats, in my opinion.  Yeats tended to paint a stark and negative picture of Ireland, especially in Dubliners.  Heaney, on the other hand, celebrates Irish land and tradition in a way I can truly follow and appreciate.  Blackberry Picking and Digging express the Irish past and present in a beautiful way.  Curled up by the fire, I'm loving Heaney...be proud Dr. Reed!

No comments:

Post a Comment