Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Midnight Reflections

Ireland has come and gone, my feet are solidly back on US soil. As I reflect on my time overseas I am initially hit by a deep wave of depression, I miss it oh so much. As that inevitable longing passes, however, I am left with a deep feeling of  gratitude. Gratitude towards the people of Dungarvan, Tom Keith, Seamus (for putting up with all of us), my housemates, my Irish friends, and so on. I was blessed with the experience of a lifetime, and even more blessed to have met so many amazing people throughout this journey. I truly can call Dungarvan my home: I laughed, cried, celebrated, fought, ran, studied, and lived a life there. As I pickup my life here in the states, I vow to keep the balance and peace I found in Ireland. I promise to keep the "Irish" joy I found overseas, and spread it. This trip was full of personal growth: it has helped me evolve so much as a young person, taught me to believe in myself, and also love myself. Only good came out of this trip, and I cannot wait for the day I return "home" to Dungarvan once again.



Before we left, all of our friends and the town council put on a party for us...it was the perfect end to a perfect trip: not a goodbye, but a "see you later" <3

 My Irish Family
 Best Buds
Lifelong Friends 

No comments:

Post a Comment